I have a number of qualifications in Psychotherapy and other therapies, including recognised trauma treatments, as follows:
- MSc in Integrative Psychotherapy from Metanoia Institute and Middlesex University.
- Registration with UKCP the United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy the key professional registering body for Psychotherapists in the UK.
- Professional and advanced training in Couples therapy and also Family therapy trained.
- Post Graduate training in Clinical Supervision.
- Internal Family Systems Therapy (IFS) – trained to Levels 1 & 2 and assisting in training this therapy method
- EMDR – Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing – a training for qualified mental health professionals. This is a recognised trauma treatment recommended by the NHS “NICE” Guidelines.
- CBT techniques and applications
- Somatic trauma therapy training
- I have worked in private practice for 20 years, offering individual and couple therapy, counselling and supervision. My approach is relational and integrative.
- For several years I worked in the NHS working with medical professionals and working in a variety of different including primary care in GP’s surgeries, secondary care in hospitals and in the community, and also in the field of disability and degenerative illness.
- Prior to my work as a therapist in private practice I gained extensive experience in the organisational world, working in business and offer life coaching and development around work and career goals and transitions.
- I have worked in the voluntary sector, both in Young Persons Services, in the field of sexual abuse, and working with children, families and adults as well as with mothers of young children and vulnerable adults.
- I also have a long standing connection with the field of Higher Education working with students at under graduate, post graduate and doctoral/post doc level.
- I offer Counselling and Psychotherapy work for EAP’s (Employee, Assistance Programmes), healthcare insurance companies and private clinics.
- My practice includes individual and Group supervision for Counsellors and Psychotherapists, including supervision of experienced psychotherapists and counsellors, work with Counselling Psychology students and supervision for charitable organisations.
- I run workshops for staff in organisations working with people who have experienced complex trauma in their lives, helping them to understand their client groups. I have also run anxiety management groups and have developed various psychoeducational programmes including stress management and improving relationships and communication.
- I have worked extensively with both short term and open ended therapy contracts. I work to a relational and psychodynamic framework and include EMDR and other trauma therapy models as well as mindfulness practice and body work where appropriate. I continue to further my training and expand my range of therapeutic trauma interventions, currently with Internal Family Systems training.
- I have understanding and experience of working with significant mental health issues. I have significant experience of working with sexuality, including transgender issues and LBGT issues.
- An area of special interest and experience for me is working with mothers – of children of all ages, and the struggles of parenting, from birth trauma to day-to-day difficulties, handling feelings and decision making